This post will help you set up a HOLIST smart speaker via the Teufel Holist app. If you have already set up the device and you want to use Alexa voice control, click here.
- Keep the password for your wifi handy.
- Make sure that your smartphone is logged into the wifi that will also be used for the Smart Speaker.
- Download the Teufel Holist app on your smartphone.
Download the app here:
Link > Holist App Download for iPhones > to Apple App Store
Link > Holist App Download for Android > to Google Play Store.
- Start the app. After launching, a popup window will appear with a note to share music. Here you can optionally share music stored on your phone to play on the smart speaker. This step can also be done later.
- Now inform yourself about data protection and accept the conditions.
- Afterwards, the search for suitable devices starts. During the initial setup, press the "Add device" button directly.
- Now another popup appears with the note to activate the Bluetooth on the smartphone. The activation is mandatory because without activated Bluetooth the setup cannot be continued.
First steps on the Smart Speaker
- Now connect the device to the power supply and start it according to the enclosed instructions.
- During the startup process, the LED will initially light up in red in a circular fashion. Wait until the LED ring changes to orange.
- The device now signals readiness for setup via voice output.
Note: If there is no voice output, press the Action button for about 10 seconds as shown in the picture.
- Now the app searches for compatible devices and lists them after a few moments. Click on the device you want to set up.
- Another pop-up window will appear asking for location services (location) to be enabled.
Note: The location services are required by the smartphone's operating system in order to connect the device to the wifi. Teufel does not store any location data.
- After the location release, the wifi to be connected is now displayed. now enter the wifi password and confirm with "Next".
- Now the HOLIST Smart Speaker is connected to the wifi...
- After the successful connection, the LED ring on the smart speaker changes to green and a voice output with the message: "wifi successfully connected" sounds. The app also confirms the completion of the network configuration. Then click on "Next" again
- Wait until the firmware has been checked and updated if necessary.
- Name the device as you wish.
Note: This name is only for displaying the device in the HOLIST app, it is not the Alexa call name of the HOLIST smart speaker.
- The device is now ready to stream music via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi using services supported by the HOLIST app. Voice control is not yet active. If you also want to use the device with Alexa voice control, click here.