Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions about the portable all-in-one streaming system for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, the MOTIV® HOME.
Can I control MOTIV® HOME with the Teufel Raumfeld App?
No. To control the MOTIV® HOME, please use the Teufel Home App (available soon in Play Store / App Store).
Is it possible to set up/expand a multi-room system with the MOTIV® HOME together with devices from the Teufel Streaming / Raumfeld series?
No, the MOTIV® HOME cannot be integrated into an existing multiroom system with Teufel Streaming/Raumfeld devices for technical reasons. Instead, the MOTIV® HOME can be used in multiroom setups using AirPlay 2 devices (AirPlay2 Multiroom) or Chromecast built-in devices (Google Chromecast Multiroom).
The device does not start. What could be the reason for this?
Make sure that the device is either connected to power or the internal battery is sufficiently charged. If the device was manually turned off previously, press and hold the ON/OFF button for 10-12 seconds until it starts.
Note: When the device is connected to power, the battery charges automatically.
I can't hear anything even though music is playing. What can I do?
- Check if the volume on the device is set too low by increasing the volume on the device. Adjusting the volume - p. 17
- Volume on the external player (smartphone) is too low. Increase the volume on the external player (e.g. smartphone).
- Device is not connected to the external player. Check the connection and/or reconnect the external player. Instructions for connecting can be found in the device manual.
- Device is not set as output device on the player. Make sure that your device is set as output device in the external player's settings. Please refer to the information provided by the player's manufacturer.
- In case of a Bluetooth® connection, the transmission could be disturbed by another radio system. Try to set up the device in a different location for a test.
- [The playback level of the external player may be too low - caused by a system-side volume limiter. Check whether the volume limiter is active on the external player and deactivate it as a test.
My speaker is turned on but does not respond at all. What can I do now?
The system may have an error that caused the device to freeze. Press and hold the ON/OFF button on the device for about 8 seconds to restart it.
Audio stops sporadically or or completely with no warning. What could be the reason for this?
- The speaker is probably out of range of the Wi-Fi signal. Test the device in a different location, preferably closer to the router.
- The Internet connection is unstable or offers too little data transfer. Move the speaker closer to the router and/or check the Internet/Wi-Fi connection.