The Teufel System 6 THX is the successor to our System 5 and should not be confused with the THEATER 500 5.1 set.
Our System 6 is certified according to the strict THX® standard established by George Lucas. It thus provides classic home theater sound in the living room or small private cinema, offers an optimal sound pressure level, excellent speech intelligibility and an impressively realistic surround experience.
In combination with a THX-certified receiver, the System 6 THX guarantees you a very high performance in reference volume.
What is a THX home theater?
Loudspeakers with a THX license ensure that the equipment has been analyzed, tested and approved with regard to the electro-acoustic parameters that are important for sound quality. In addition, all components of a system - speakers, TV and receiver - work together optimally for the best possible sound performance and for sound as if fresh from the studio. So you really hear what the sound engineer created.
Some of the most demanding performance features of our THX systems:
- extremely high dynamics with undistorted levels and low distortion for detailed sound reproduction of high-resolution media (e.g. Blu-ray)
- identical driver configuration for front, center and rear speakers for a convincing surround experience
- perfect coupling of the subwoofer to the satellites for an extremely homogeneous reproduction
- largely linear frequency response over a very wide frequency spectrum for a natural and balanced reproduction
- best possible dispersion of all satellites for precise localization of all sound events
System 6 THX: Installation
The following information refers to the "ideal home cinema", in which you sit centrally in front of the screen with sufficient distance and, if possible, no objects in between. Unfortunately, the room, the furnishings or other circumstances do not always allow such an optimal placement. However, modern software in the feed devices offers a variety of options to electronically compensate for any compromises in the set-up.
As a general rule, you can always test what works best acoustically and visually in your space based on our recommendations. Let your ears and eyes decide.
Positioning front speakers
- Two of the S 600 FCR THX® front speakers are set up to the right and left of the screen or positioned at a height of approx. 80 to 160 cm.
- They should form as equilateral a triangle as possible with the listener - the so-called stereo triangle (distance to the listener = distance between the speakers).
- Depending on the speakers and their placement height, it makes sense to angle them towards the listener. You should try it in any case to see if it improves the sound decisively.
Positioning center speaker
Place one of the S 600 FCR THX® Select front speakers in the center directly below or above the screen. It should be placed about 20 centimeters behind the left and right speakers. If you can only place the center speaker in line with the left and right speakers, you should activate the time delay for the center channel ("Center Delay") - provided your AV receiver offers this option. Many modern AV receivers and amplifiers do not offer the function so designated, but automatically set this delay time correctly when they activate you automatic calibration.
Positioning the subwoofers
You should place the two S 6000 SW THX® Select active subwoofers on the floor to the right and left near the TV. A location between the front speakers is often ideal. However, do not position the subwoofers in the corner of the room, as this can lead to uncontrollable frequency overlaps.
Positioning dipole speakers
The two S 600 D THX® Select dipole loudspeakers radiate at a 45° angle to the front into the open space and at the rear against the walls, thus creating the desired diffusivity according to THX. Position the dipole loudspeakers within the gray areas (see graphic).
- Variant A: The dipoles are placed or hung to the side of the listener's seat at head height (140 to 210 cm). The distance to the rear wall of the room should be at least 50 cm.
- Variant B: You can also set up the dipoles behind the listener's seat at a height of 140 to 210 cm. Determine the optimal distance to the side wall experimentally by listening tests.
For wall mounting of the front and dipole speakers, use the brackets on the back of the dipole speakers.