This article provides an overview of general possible Bluetooth problems and practical tips on how to solve them. If you have questions about a specific Teufel product, please also refer to the "Connecting" and "Troubleshooting" sections in your product's manual.
Checklist 1: No connection on first connection attempt?
- Make sure that both the smartphone (or other external player such as a laptop) and the Teufel Bluetooth device are in pairing mode. This is usually indicated by a flashing LED on your Teufel Bluetooth device. If you cannot find the LED or it is not flashing, repeat the steps for activating pairing according to the manual.
- When pairing, the smartphone and Teufel Bluetooth device must NOT already be connected to another device. If necessary, switch off other Bluetooth devices or disconnect them.
- Some smartphones can only remember a limited number of Bluetooth devices. If the list of stored players is long, we recommend deleting all or part of this list. Since the menu path may differ from device to device, contact the smartphone manufacturer for further help if necessary.
- Before reporting a supposed defect to us, please try the Teufel Bluetooth device with another smartphone (acquaintance/family). Often it is due to the smartphone.
Checklist 2: No connection when trying to reconnect?
- When reconnecting, the external player (smartphone) and Teufel Bluetooth device must NOT already be connected to another device. If necessary, switch off other Bluetooth devices or disconnect manually.
- Some smartphones can only remember a limited number of Bluetooth devices. If the list of saved players is long and the Teufel Bluetooth device no longer appears in the list, we recommend deleting all or part of this list. Since the menu path may differ from device to device, please contact the smartphone manufacturer for further assistance.
- Repeat pairing (device specific, please refer to the respective user manual) after removing/deleting/ignoring the Teufel Bluetooth device in the list of known Bluetooth devices on your smartphone.
- Before you report a supposed defect to us, please try the headphones with another smartphone (acquaintance/family). Often it is due to the smartphone.
Checklist 3: Other possible causes of failure
The previous tips did not help or there are other problems? Please go through the following checklist. Again, if you have questions about a specific Teufel product, please also refer to the "Connecting" and "Troubleshooting" sections in your product's manual.
Is the Teufel product technically compatible with my smartphone?
Bluetooth is usually always compatible. Unfortunately, it is rarely possible to identify reasons for connection errors that occur in spite of this. However, it often helps to exclude possible problems by testing with another Bluetooth transmitter, e.g. another smartphone.
Bluetooth transmitter or receiver?
All Bluetooth-enabled audio devices from Teufel are Bluetooth receivers. So you need to pair them with a Bluetooth transmitter device, whether it's a laptop, TV, or similar device. Make sure that the desired external player can also transmit. Older TVs in particular often do not offer this option, but could be upgraded with an external Bluetooth transmitter.
The device is recognized, but there is no sound?
Check whether you may have set the output volume of the transmitter or receiver too low or to mute.
The device is detected but it can't be selected?
For speakers or headphones that have a microphone built in, looking into the privacy settings of the Bluetooth transmitter may help. An external microphone may have to be allowed beforehand.
The device list is full?
Many devices can store a maximum of eight Bluetooth receivers. If this list is full, please delete unnecessary devices from the list and start pairing again.
The connection is not established even after a long wait?
Deleting a playback device from the device list and pairing again can resolve connection problems.
Connection keeps breaking down?
Check the transmitter and receiver. Also note that Bluetooth wireless technology has a shorter range than, say, a WiFi connection. Shielding metal or interfering objects, microwaves, WiFi routers, aquariums, underfloor heating, or cordless phones can affect the connection.
- Apple devices: Audio receiving devices are generally compatible with Bluetooth transmitting devices running iOS and macOS. If connection problems occur repeatedly, it may help to activate and deactivate the Bluetooth module in the top menu bar. Another possible solution is to completely reset the Bluetooth module in the Apple device. You can access the somewhat hidden "Debug" function in macOS by holding down the Shift and Alt keys and clicking the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar.
- If nothing works at all: If the Bluetooth signal is constantly disturbed or a connection is not possible, please carry out a systematic troubleshooting. To determine whether the Bluetooth module of a particular device is defective, connect your devices independently to other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
If you have gone through the checklists unsuccessfully and the product's instructions do not help either, you can contact our support.