An update of the firmware for the radio alarm clock RADIO ONE is available now (April 2022).
- Improves the automatic synchronization of the internal time with the official time.
- Time synchronization now also takes place as soon as the device switches to standby mode
Step-by-step procedure of the update
A) Required utensils
- RADIO ONE, ready for operation
- empty USB stick (recommended: max. data storage 2 GB, formatted with FAT32 )
- Computer with Windows operating system
- First, save the update file locally on your computer. > Download RADIO ONE update file
- Connect the USB stick to the PC and format the USB stick to FAT32.
- Unzip the update file on your computer and move or copy the unzipped folder "system" unchanged to the USB stick.
- Eject the USB stick safely so that the files are not damaged.
- Connect RADIO ONE to the power supply and switch it on.
- Set the device to the "AUX" input (menu path > Source > AUX > confirm).
Note: If an AUX cable is available, you can plug it in and the device will automatically switch to the AUX input.
- Insert the USB stick with the saved firmware into the USB port on the back of the device.
- Now press and hold the "Favorite 1" (5) and "Bluetooth" (11) buttons together until "Upgrade" appears in the display. Then release the keys.
- The update now starts automatically. Now, wait until "UPGSUc" appears in the device display (i.e. Upgrade successful). The process takes approx. 10-20 s.
- Now remove the USB stick and then disconnect the mains plug from the socket for approx. 30 seconds.
- Then reconnect the device to the mains and start the device.
- Finally, perform a factory reset of the radio (menu path > Reset > Full > confirm). Please note that after the reset, the RADIO ONE must be set up again.
The update did not work. What can I do now?
If the update in step 5 does not work as described, please check the USB stick and repeat the preparation (B). If necessary, use a USB stick with a smaller memory (max. 2 GB).