Currently affects various smartphones such as Samsung smartphones A-series, X-series, and Google Pixel series - after updating to Android 12, no sound is played via Bluetooth devices! Possibly other manufacturers are also affected, check the info pages of your manufacturer if necessary.
We are currently receiving customer reports that after updating the Samsung and Google smartphones, sound is no longer output via Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth speakers.
According to our information, this is a software problem that affects Bluetooth devices from various manufacturers that are equipped with the aptX audio codec. The error has only occurred since the update to Android 12 and, as far as we know, cannot be fixed by Teufel, since the error is in the Android Bluetooth software.
Please contact Samsung support or Google support to solve the problem.
If you have a smartphone from another manufacturer with Android 12, please contact the support of your smartphone manufacturer.
You should have checked the following general steps in advance:
- Please check if there is already another update for your smartphone.
- Switch off the Bluetooth receiving device, if possible disconnect it from the mains power for 2-3 minutes and switch on the Bluetooth device again. Check if the Bluetooth connection and pairing are enabled on the device.
- Make sure that your smartphone and the Bluetooth receiving device are close to each other and the wireless connection is not blocked by objects or walls.
- Please test if other smartphones can establish pairing and playback with the receiving device.
- Switch Bluetooth off and on again on the smartphone.
- If the Bluetooth device was previously connected to the smartphone, unpair it, delete the receiving device from the Bluetooth list, and reconnect it.
- Restart your smartphone.