Note: The following information is relevant if you are commissioning a Teufel home cinema equipped with an IMPAQ receiver and the T6 subwoofer.
In order to achieve an optimal sound experience in your room, we have provided some useful tips below for commissioning and calibrating your Teufel home cinema with an IMPAQ receiver and the T6 subwoofer as components.
First steps: Connect the AV receiver to the mains and your TV. For more information, see the Quick Start Guide included with the AVR. In the menu, first, select the language you want. Now please follow the instructions of the Initial Setup Wizard in the AVR. Here, the AV receiver will guide you step-by-step through the connection and setup process.
Apply the following settings in the process:
On the IMPAQ:
- Under Menu Path > Settings > Sound > Here, set the levels of the front and rear speakers to the value "-7 dB" respectively.
- Under Menu path > Settings > Wireless > The T6 subwoofer can only be connected wirelessly. Please set "Wireless" here accordingly.
- Under Menu Path > Settings > Loudspeaker Configuration > Here please select the option "SSS1", so that the sound image is shown to its best advantage (S stands for Small).
- Finally, set the phase value of the subwoofer:
> to "0 degrees" if the unit is in line with the front speakers or>
to "180 degrees" if the subwoofer is in the back of the home theatre or positioned under the couch
On the T6 subwoofer/rear speakers
- Set the level of the subwoofer to the value "+10 dB" at the control knob.
- Also, adjust the positioning switch to match the location of the subwoofer:
> Front: When the subwoofer is roughly in line with the front speakers>
Corner: When the subwoofer is in a corner or "tucked" to the side
> Underneath: When the subwoofer is placed under a couch