Note: This article refers to the option to operate the RADIO 3SIXTY in the WIFI at home. If you need assistance with a Bluetooth connection to the device, please refer to the instructions starting on page 40.
Initial setup via WIFI: When switching on for the first time or after resetting to factory settings, the RADIO 3SIXTY requires some information from the WIFI at home. You can do these specifications in the Teufel Remote App (see page 30 of the instructions) or in the setup wizard directly on the device.
Necessary parameters WIFI
If the app does not recognize the device during the initial setup, check whether the following parameters are given:
- Smartphone with app in the same WIFI as the RADIO 3SIXTY
- Frequency (e.g., 2.4 GHz) of the WIFI is the same for both devices (not 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz mixed)
- Router is allowed to detect new devices
- Devices are allowed to communicate with each other (it is not a guest access)
- No WIFI repeaters are in use
Tip: If the device cannot be detected during the initial setup via the app despite checking the necessary parameters, you can also set up the device directly via the display without the app first. To do this, follow the steps in the instructions (from page 17).
No detection in the WIFI after the device and app were already connected
If your RADIO 3SIXTY was already set up in the WIFI and connected with the Remote App
Prerequisite: WIFI is switched on and radio/smartphone with Remote App is within WIFI range & smartphone is running in the same WIFI as the radio.
- Is the RADIO 3SIXTY switched on and is the WIFI symbol visible on the display of the radio? This shows an existing WIFI connection.
- Activate the device setting "Network Standby" in the menu of the radio: Path > Menu > System settings > Network > Yes.
- Even if a smartphone is normally automatically connected to the WIFI at home, the smartphone can switch to mobile data "unnoticed" with certain settings. Therefore, deactivate possible active settings such as "WiFi+", "intelligent network switch" or "WIFI support" on the mobile device for testing purposes. These functions allow the mobile device to switch to mobile data despite an existing WIFI connection.
- Neither device should be connected to a WIFI guest access. Guest networks may restrict communication between the devices.
Note: If problems persist, restart the radio and router (also additional repeaters, WIFI access points, powerline) by disconnecting them from the power supply for about 30 seconds each and then try again. Restart the mobile device as well.
Advanced checklist for experienced users if problems persist
- Check the setting of the router, any WIFI access points, and repeaters to see if communication between network devices is allowed. With AVM (Fritzbox) this setting is called "WIFI devices are allowed to communicate with each other", which must be activated. Other manufacturers use the name "Client Isolation", for example, which should be deactivated.
- In some WIFI configurations, it happens that the communication between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WIFI is restricted. If, for example, the radio is in the 2.4 GHz WIFI and the mobile device is in 5 GHz, communication may occasionally be interrupted. In this case, it helps to separate the two networks via the WIFI name (SSID) and to use both the radio and the mobile device together in one of the two WIFI networks. Alternatively, one of the two networks can be deactivated.