The Teufel Raumfeld app is under constant development. The Android app update 4.12 includes the following:
- The home screen can now be freely configured with different modules
- The search function has been revised: Results are clearly displayed in cards
- Customized tips for new users
- Playlists can be renamed
- In the Now-Playing-Screen the currently played Spotify song can be placed on preset buttons
- Minor bug fixes
Do you have feedback or questions about the app? You can find our contact page here: Contact
An iOS version will follow, unfortunately, we can't give a launch date at the moment.
To use the feature it is mandatory that the host in your streaming system has at least firmware version 2.8.
With the app update 4.12 you get the possibility to fill the start screen with different modules.
Which modules are available?
Preview content module
The preview content module shows a preview of 20 objects of the normal content browser. These 20 objects are displayed horizontally and can be scrolled sideways. When you click on an object the same happens as in the content browser. Each preview content module has a heading and a more button. The More button opens the corresponding area in the Content Browser.
The Album module shows artwork and metadata of an album or playlist on the home screen. They also show a play button and a more button. Clicking directly on the artwork takes you to the detail view.
Custom modules are predefined and contain content or settings. Currently, the following content or settings can be included:
- Favourites: Preview of up to 20 favourites, sorted by most recently added.
- Last played: Preview of up to 20 most recently played tracks, sorted by most recently added.
- Personal Trends: Preview up to 20 personal trends, sorted by most recently added.
- Recent Radio Stations: Preview up to 20 radio stations from TuneIn, sorted by most recently added.
- Volume: The module shows a volume control and a mute button for each active room. The Mute-All button mutes everything.
- Spotify Multiroom: This shows a toggle between Spotify single and multiroom. In Multiroom mode, you also see a room selection. Additionally, you can open Spotify directly via the Spotify button.
Favourites, "last played" and personal trends are displayed as standard.
Display of the modules on different end devices
The home screen settings are saved per app. So on different end devices (e.g. tablets and smartphones), these settings have to be made for each device. This also applies to different app versions.
Notifications will continue to be displayed. The corresponding modules are then pushed down for this time.
There is currently no separate layout for the tablet. The modules are scaled accordingly.
Customizing the home screen
Changing the order and removing modules
In the home screen at the top there is the customize button. When you click on this button, the customization dialog opens.
In this dialog, the currently active modules are listed. Each module can be moved up or down or removed (by clicking on x).
The changes are applied immediately, so there is no "Ok" button here.
Adding or removing preview content modules
When you are in the Content Browser, you can add the following areas to the home screen:
- My Music
At the top of the Content Browser there is a button "Add to Home Screen". When this is pressed, the currently visible area is added to the home screen as a preview content module. In case of an album or playlist as an album module.
Once the module is added, the "Add to Home Screen" button will change to the "Remove from Home Screen" button.
If you click the Remove from Home Screen button, the corresponding module will be removed and the Remove from Home Screen button will change back to the Add to Home Screen button.
Adding and removing custom modules
In the Customization dialog there is a button with a plus sign at the bottom.
Clicking on it will take you to the menu for selecting Custom Modules.
The menu lists all the custom modules. If the checkbox is clicked, the corresponding module appears on the start screen.
The changes are applied as soon as the OK button is clicked.
The list also contains modules that can be added normally via the original windows (like Spotify or Volume).
Album cover size
The album cover size setting (found in Settings > App Settings) can also be applied to the home screen.
Loading the home screen
While the contents of the home screen are being loaded, the album covers are first given placeholders.
Once the information about the set of objects and metadata is available, the placeholders will be replaced by real album covers.