With the THX 7.1 amplifiers/receivers, there is always the option of connecting two rear centre speakers. We would also recommend using four rear speakers. Due to the elaborate development of our rear speakers, our models can be used very flexibly for any application. Here we have to differentiate as follows: - You have a THX Select/Ultra 2 device and want to connect two rear centre speakers: if you already use dipoles or direct radiators in your 5.1 system, you have the choice of adding either two more dipoles or two direct radiators as rear centres. For wall mounting and/or at a short distance from seat to rear wall (less than 1.00 m), we would recommend dipoles that are also operated in dipole mode (for System 4 THX, for example, order 2 x additional S 400 D). As soon as you want to place the speaker on stands or on a shelf, we would recommend direct radiators (for System 4 THX, e.g. order 2 x additional S 400 FCR). As soon as you already use direct radiators with your 5.1 system, we would recommend the same type of direct radiators for the upgrade. You have a THX Ultra 2 unit and want to connect two rear centres: a circuit especially developed for THX Ultra 2 devices allows you to use two more direct radiators or two more dipoles in addition to the dipoles used as rear effect loudspeakers.
Articles in this section
- EFFEKT Rearboxes: First connection to a home theater system / soundbar
- CONCEPT E 450 DIGITAL: Is it possible to adjust the volume of the individual speakers separately?
- CONSONO series: What room sizes are the CONSONO 15, 25 or 35 suitable for?
- CONSONO series: Which is the right AV receiver?
- CONSONO series: Can I also listen to music with this system?
- CONSONO series: Can I operate the CONSONO 15, 25, 35 on a PC or DVD player?
- EFFEKT: Do I need to turn on and pair the speakers separately each time I use them?
- IMPAQ (IP) 8000 BR: No detection via HDMI during TV operation
- The notification "No disc“ appears on the display on my Impaq 8000 receiver even though a CD/DVD/BD was inserted. What could be the reason for this?
- IMPAQ 8000 Blu-ray Receiver: Use with the USB WLAN adapter. The WIFI connection to the router is not established.