With NFC (Near Field Communication), the ROCKSTER XS currently offers the most convenient solution for connecting (pairing) the device with a cell phone, provided that the latter is also equipped with NFC.
Both devices communicate via NFC directly over their NFC contact surfaces under the casing's surface and then establish a connection via Bluetooth automatically. All you have to do is briefly hold the devices together at the NFC contact surfaces.
How to pair the ROCKSTER XS via NFC
1. Switch on the Rockster XS. The LEDs light up.
2. Switch on the NFC function on the cell phone (if not already done)
3. if necessary, make sure that the NFC contact surface on your cell phone is positioned correctly (varies depending on the manufacturer, often on the back) and now hold the cell phone directly against the NFC contact surface of the ROCKSTER XS*.
4. the devices now communicate with each other. The devices now communicate with each other and establish a connection via Bluetooth. 5.
5. the Bluetooth connection is established. Start a playback.
*The NFC contact surface of the ROCKTER XS is located on the top of the device near the controls.
- To use NFC, some smartphones (depending on the manufacturer) require Bluetooth to be turned on manually in addition to NFC.
- If the access lock is currently active on the smartphone when you try to establish a connection (lock screen is visible), NFC usually does not work. In this case, unlock the phone and repeat the process with an unlocked device.