You can test the function of the remote control with a simple trick to determine or exclude a defect.
1. infrared remote controls
It is possible that either the remote control itself or the sensor on the subwoofer/device is defective. To determine where the malfunction is coming from, please proceed as follows:
You can test the function of remote control by looking at the infrared signal through the monitor of a digital camera or on the display of a cell phone. On the monitor of the digicam/cell phone display, the otherwise invisible signal lights up white.
With newer smartphones, it can be helpful to use the front camera for this purpose; due to the design of the cameras, the infrared signal may only be recognized to a limited extent.
First, start the photo function of a smartphone and then permanently press any button on the remote control while looking at the remote control on the display.
You may notice the following:
- If the diode flickers, it can be assumed that the remote control is working and the fault lies with the device being controlled.
- If it flashes only once, the batteries are probably empty.
- If, on the other hand, there is no light at all, the remote control is probably defective.
2. radio remote controls
- Does the control LED on the remote control (top left) light up?
- Please also check the charge status of the batteries
- Pair the radio remote control again as described in the operating instructions of your system.
- If the above points do not lead to success, please contact our customer service.
2nd Teufel Puck Control
In order to exclude a device defect, please check the following points:
- Is the remote control (Puck Control) connected to the system ("paired")? The LEDs on the puck only light up when the connection is established.
- For pairing, the side button on the remote control must be pressed for up to max. 30 seconds (usually 10s). The end device to be operated must be switched on and be in the immediate vicinity of the puck during pairing.
- If the connection is established (3 times flashing of the PUCK) and still no control is possible, please disconnect the device to be controlled from the mains for 5 seconds and then please try again.
- Please also check the charge status of the batteries.
Further information about the PUCK can be found here
If the defect of your remote control is confirmed, you can purchase a replacement via customer service, if in stock.