The Teufel Streaming System is dependent on the performance of the network (WLAN) at home. The performance of Teufel Streaming is therefore directly dependent on the performance of your own router.
Do the check > Is my router/network prepared for music streaming ?
The most common cause for dropouts/interruptions or a seemingly sluggish app is actually a WLAN signal that is too weak at the place where the streaming device is installed. To improve the WLAN signal, the following measures can be helpful:
- Set the WLAN radio channel to channel 1,6 or 11.
- Place the router/boxes in an alternative location,
- place the router in a high location, e.g. on top of a cabinet
- place cordless phones/base stations (DECT) as far away from the router as possible
- restart router once a day
The following can also cause poor WLAN reception:
- Microwave devices (even if they are off)
- Large amounts of water (e.g. aquariums) or plants (rubber trees)
- Baby monitors
- Residence in the direct vicinity of an airfield
- Very high number of WLAN networks in the vicinity (apartment building)
- Teufel streaming devices connected directly via LAN
- If you do not want to lay a cable, the use of e.g. powerline adapters can also help
(wurde automatisch übersetzt)