THX home theatres bring professional studio and cinema sound to your living room. This is because all THX-certified devices and speakers must have certain features so that they can reproduce the feature film soundtracks produced for movie theatres and correspondingly powerful cinema sound systems with absolute fidelity in home theatres as well. This is only possible to a limited extent with conventional hi-fi or home theatre systems.
Some of the most demanding THX performance features
- Extremely high dynamic range with undistorted levels and low distortion for detailed sound reproduction of high-resolution media (e.g. Blu-ray)
- The same driver line-up for front, centre, and rear speakers for a compelling surround experience
- A perfect coupling of the subwoofer to the satellites for an extremely homogeneous reproduction
- Largely linear frequency response over a very wide frequency spectrum for a natural and balanced reproduction
- Best possible dispersion characteristics of all satellites for precise localization of all sound events